This file lists all major changes in Werkzeug over the versions.For API breaking changes have a look at API Changes, theyare listed there in detail.
Release date and codename to be decided
- Changed the error handling of and improved testsuite for the caches incontrib.cache.
- Fixed a bug on Python 3 when creating adhoc ssl contexts, due to sys.maxintnot being defined.
- Fixed a bug on Python 3, that causedmake_ssl_devcert() to fail with an exception.
- Added exceptions for 504 and 505.
- Added support for ChromeOS detection.
- Added UUID converter to the routing system.
- Added message that explains how to quit the server.
- Fixed a bug on Python 2, that caused len forwerkzeug.datastructures.CombinedMultiDict to crash.
- Added support for stdlib pbkdf2 hmac if a compatible digestis found.
(bugfix release, release date to be decided)
- Forward charset argument from request objects to the environbuilder.
- Fixed error handling for missing boundaries in multipart data.
- Fixed session creation on systems without os.urandom().
- Fixed pluses in dictionary keys not being properly URL encoded.
- Fixed a problem with deepcopy not working for multi dicts.
- Fixed a double quoting issue on redirects.
- Fixed a problem with unicode keys appearing in headers on 2.x.
- Fixed a bug with unicode strings in the test builder.
- Fixed a unicode bug on Python 3 in the WSGI profiler.
(bugfix release, released on August 26th 2013)
- Fixed an issue with Python 3.3 and an edge case in cookie parsing.
- Fixed decoding errors not handled properly through the WSGIdecoding dance.
- Fixed URI to IRI conversion incorrectly decoding percent signs.
(bugfix release, released on July 25th 2013)
Restored behavior of the data descriptor of the request class to pre 0.9behavior. This now also means that .data and .get_data() havedifferent behavior. New code should use .get_data() always.
In addition to that there is now a flag for the .get_data() method thatcontrols what should happen with form data parsing and the form parser willhonor cached data. This makes dealing with custom form data more consistent.
(bugfix release, released on July 18th 2013)
- Added unsafe parameter to url_quote().
- Fixed an issue with url_quote_plus() not quoting‘+' correctly.
- Ported remaining parts of RedisCache toPython 3.3.
- Ported remaining parts of MemcachedCache toPython 3.3
- Fixed a deprecation warning in the contrib atom module.
- Fixed a regression with setting of content types through theheaders dictionary instead with the content type parameter.
- Use correct name for stdlib secure string comparision function.
- Fixed a wrong reference in the docstring ofrelease_local().
- Fixed an AttributeError that sometimes occurred when accessing thewerkzeug.wrappers.BaseResponse.is_streamed attribute.
(bugfix release, released on June 14th 2013)
- Fixed an issue with integers no longer being accepted in certainparts of the routing system or URL quoting functions.
- Fixed an issue with url_quote not producing the right escapecodes for single digit codepoints.
- Fixed an issue with SharedDataMiddleware notreading the path correctly and breaking on etag generation in somecases.
- Properly handle Expect: 100-continue in the development serverto resolve issues with curl.
- Automatically exhaust the input stream on request close. This shouldfix issues where not touching request files results in a timeout.
- Fixed exhausting of streams not doing anything if a non-limitedstream was passed into the multipart parser.
- Raised the buffer sizes for the multipart parser.
Released on June 13nd 2013, codename Planierraupe.
- Added support for tell()on the limited stream.
- ETags now is nonzero if itcontains at least one etag of any kind, including weak ones.
- Added a workaround for a bug in the stdlib for SSL servers.
- Improved SSL interface of the devserver so that it can generatecertificates easily and load them from files.
- Refactored test client to invoke the open method on the classfor redirects. This makes subclassing more powerful.
- werkzeug.wsgi.make_chunk_iter() andwerkzeug.wsgi.make_line_iter() now support processing ofiterators and streams.
- URL generation by the routing system now no longer quotes+.
- URL fixing now no longer quotes certain reserved characters.
- The werkzeug.security.generate_password_hash() andcheck functions now support any of the hashlib algorithms.
- wsgi.get_current_url is now ascii safe for browsers sendingnon-ascii data in query strings.
- improved parsing behavior for werkzeug.http.parse_options_header()
- added more operators to local proxies.
- added a hook to override the default converter in the routingsystem.
- The description field of HTTP exceptions is now always escaped.Use markup objects to disable that.
- Added number of proxy argument to the proxy fix to make it moresecure out of the box on common proxy setups. It will by defaultno longer trust the x-forwarded-for header as much as it didbefore.
- Added support for fragment handling in URI/IRI functions.
- Added custom class support for werkzeug.http.parse_dict_header().
- Renamed LighttpdCGIRootFix to CGIRootFix.
- Always treat + as safe when fixing URLs as people love misusing them.
- Added support to profiling into directories in the contrib profiler.
- The escape function now by default escapes quotes.
- Changed repr of exceptions to be less magical.
- Simplified exception interface to no longer require environmntsto be passed to recieve the response object.
- Added sentinel argument to IterIO objects.
- Added pbkdf2 support for the security module.
- Added a plain request type that disables all form parsing to onlyleave the stream behind.
- Removed support for deprecated fix_headers.
- Removed support for deprecated header_list.
- Removed support for deprecated parameter for iter_encoded.
- Removed support for deprecated non-silent usage of the limitedstream object.
- Removed support for previous dummy writable parameter onthe cached property.
- Added support for explicitly closing request objects to closeassociated resources.
- Conditional request handling or access to the data property on responses nolonger ignores direct passthrough mode.
- Removed werkzeug.templates and werkzeug.contrib.kickstart.
- Changed host lookup logic for forwarded hosts to allow lists ofhosts in which case only the first one is picked up.
- Added wsgi.get_query_string, wsgi.get_path_info andwsgi.get_script_name and made the wsgi.pop_path_info andwsgi.peek_path_info functions perform unicode decoding. Thiswas necessary to avoid having to expose the WSGI encoding danceon Python 3.
- Added content_encoding and content_md5 to the request object'scommon request descriptor mixin.
- added options and trace to the test client.
- Overhauled the utilization of the input stream to be easier to useand better to extend. The detection of content payload on the inputside is now more compliant with HTTP by detecting off the contenttype header instead of the request method. This also now means thatthe stream property on the request class is always available insteadof just when the parsing fails.
- Added support for using werkzeug.wrappers.BaseResponse in a withstatement.
- Changed get_app_iter to fetch the response early so that it does notfail when wrapping a response iterable. This makes filtering easier.
- Introduced get_data and set_data methods for responses.
- Introduced get_data for requests.
- Soft deprecated the data descriptors for request and response objects.
- Added as_bytes operations to some of the headers to simplify workingwith things like cookies.
- Made the debugger paste tracebacks into github's gist service asprivate pastes.
(bugfix release, release date to be announced)
- Added a favicon to the debugger which fixes problem withstate changes being triggered through a request to/favicon.ico in Google Chrome. This should fix someproblems with Flask and other frameworks that usecontext local objects on a stack with context preservationon errors.
- Fixed an issue with scolling up in the debugger.
- Fixed an issue with debuggers running on a different URLthan the URL root.
- Fixed a problem with proxies not forwarding some rarelyused special methods properly.
- Added a workaround to prevent the XSS protection from Chromebreaking the debugger.
- Skip redis tests if redis is not running.
- Fixed a typo in the multipart parser that caused content-typeto not be picked up properly.
(bugfix release, released on February 5th 2012)
- Fixed another issue with werkzeug.wsgi.make_line_iter()where lines longer than the buffer size were not handledproperly.
- Restore stdout after debug console finished executing sothat the debugger can be used on GAE better.
- Fixed a bug with the redis cache for int subclasses(affects bool caching).
- Fixed an XSS problem with redirect targets coming fromuntrusted sources.
- Redis cache backend now supports password authentication.
(bugfix release, released on December 16th 2011)
- Fixed a problem with request handling of the builtin servernot responding to socket errors properly.
- The routing request redirect exception's code attribute is nowused properly.
- Fixed a bug with shutdowns on Windows.
- Fixed a few unicode issues with non-ascii characters beinghardcoded in URL rules.
- Fixed two property docstrings being assigned to fdel insteadof doc.
- Fixed an issue where CRLF line endings could be split into twoby the line iter function, causing problems with multipart fileuploads.
(bugfix release, released on September 30th 2011)
- Fixed an issue with the memcache not working properly.
- Fixed an issue for Python 2.7.1 and higher that brokecopying of multidicts with copy.copy() [http://docs.python.org/dev/library/copy.html#copy.copy].
- Changed hashing methodology of immutable ordered multi dictsfor a potential problem with alternative Python implementations.
Released on September 29th 2011, codename Lötkolben
- Removed data structure specific KeyErrors for a generalpurpose BadRequestKeyError.
- Documented werkzeug.wrappers.BaseRequest._load_form_data().
- The routing system now also accepts strings instead ofdictionaries for the query_args parameter since we're onlypassing them through for redirects.
- Werkzeug now automatically sets the content length immediately whenthe data attribute is setfor efficiency and simplicity reasons.
- The routing system will now normalize server names to lowercase.
- The routing system will no longer raise ValueErrors in case theconfiguration for the server name was incorrect. This should makedeployment much easier because you can ignore that factor now.
- Fixed a bug with parsing HTTP digest headers. It rejected headerswith missing nc and nonce params.
- Proxy fix now also updates wsgi.url_scheme based on X-Forwarded-Proto.
- Added support for key prefixes to the redis cache.
- Added the ability to suppress some auto corrections in the wrappersthat are now controlled via autocorrect_location_header andautomatically_set_content_length on the response objects.
- Werkzeug now uses a new method to check that the length of incomingdata is complete and will raise IO errors by itself if the serverfails to do so.
- make_line_iter() now requires a limit that isnot higher than the length the stream can provide.
- Refactored form parsing into a form parser class that makes it possibleto hook into individual parts of the parsing process for debugging andextending.
- For conditional responses the content length is no longer set when itis already there and added if missing.
- Immutable datastructures are hashable now.
- Headers datastructure no longer allows newlines in values to avoidheader injection attacks.
- Made it possible through subclassing to select a different remoteaddr in the proxy fix.
- Added stream based URL decoding. This reduces memory usage on largetransmitted form data that is URL decoded since Werkzeug will no longerload all the unparsed data into memory.
- Memcache client now no longer uses the buggy cmemcache module andsupports pylibmc. GAE is not tried automatically and the dedicatedclass is no longer necessary.
- Redis cache now properly serializes data.
- Removed support for Python 2.4
(bugfix release, released on September 30th 2011)
- Fixed a CSRF problem with the debugger.
- The debugger is now generating private pastes on lodgeit.
- If URL maps are now bound to environments the query argumentsare properly decoded from it for redirects.
(bugfix release, released on July 26th 2011)
- Fixed a problem with newer versions of IPython.
- Disabled pyinotify based reloader which does not work reliably.
Released on July 24th 2011, codename Schraubschlüssel
- Add support for python-libmemcached to the Werkzeug cache abstractionlayer.
- Improved url_decode() and url_encode() performance.
- Fixed an issue where the SharedDataMiddleware could cause aninternal server error on weird paths when loading via pkg_resources.
- Fixed an URL generation bug that caused URLs to be invalid if agenerated component contains a colon.
- werkzeug.import_string() now works with partially set uppackages properly.
- Disabled automatic socket switching for IPv6 on the developmentserver due to problems it caused.
- Werkzeug no longer overrides the Date header when creating aconditional HTTP response.
- The routing system provides a method to retrieve the matchingmethods for a given path.
- The routing system now accepts a parameter to change the encodingerror behaviour.
- The local manager can now accept custom ident functions in theconstructor that are forwarded to the wrapped local objects.
- url_unquote_plus now accepts unicode strings again.
- Fixed an issue with the filesystem session support's prunefunction and concurrent usage.
- Fixed a problem with external URL generation discarding the port.
- Added support for pylibmc to the Werkzeug cache abstraction layer.
- Fixed an issue with the new multipart parser that happened whena linebreak happened to be on the chunk limit.
- Cookies are now set properly if ports are in use. A runtime erroris raised if one tries to set a cookie for a domain without a dot.
- Fixed an issue with Template.from_file not working for filedescriptors.
- Reloader can now use inotify to track reloads. This requires thepyinotify library to be installed.
- Werkzeug debugger can now submit to custom lodgeit installations.
- redirect function's status code assertion now allows 201 to be usedas redirection code. While it's not a real redirect, it sharesenough with redirects for the function to still be useful.
- Fixed securecookie for pypy.
- Fixed ValueErrors being raised on calls to best_match onMIMEAccept objects when invalid user data was supplied.
- Deprecated werkzeug.contrib.kickstart and werkzeug.contrib.testtools
- URL routing now can be passed the URL arguments to keep them forredirects. In the future matching on URL arguments might also bepossible.
- Header encoding changed from utf-8 to latin1 to support a port toPython 3. Bytestrings passed to the object stay untouched whichmakes it possible to have utf-8 cookies. This is a part wherethe Python 3 version will later change in that it will alwaysoperate on latin1 values.
- Fixed a bug in the form parser that caused the last character tobe dropped off if certain values in multipart data are used.
- Multipart parser now looks at the part-individual content typeheader to override the global charset.
- Introduced mimetype and mimetype_params attribute for the filestorage object.
- Changed FileStorage filename fallback logic to skip special filenamesthat Python uses for marking special files like stdin.
- Introduced more HTTP exception classes.
- call_on_close now can be used as a decorator.
- Support for redis as cache backend.
- Added BaseRequest.scheme.
- Support for the RFC 5789 PATCH method.
- New custom routing parser and better ordering.
- Removed support for is_behind_proxy. Use a WSGI middlewareinstead that rewrites the REMOTE_ADDR according to your setup.Also see the werkzeug.contrib.fixers.ProxyFix fora drop-in replacement.
- Added cookie forging support to the test client.
- Added support for host based matching in the routing system.
- Switched from the default ‘ignore' to the better ‘replace'unicode error handling mode.
- The builtin server now adds a function named ‘werkzeug.server.shutdown'into the WSGI env to initiate a shutdown. This currently only worksin Python 2.6 and later.
- Headers are now assumed to be latin1 for better compatibility withPython 3 once we have support.
- Added werkzeug.security.safe_join().
- Added accept_json property analogous to accept_html on thewerkzeug.datastructures.MIMEAccept.
- werkzeug.utils.import_string() now fails with much bettererror messages that pinpoint to the problem.
- Added support for parsing of the If-Range header(werkzeug.http.parse_if_range_header() andwerkzeug.datastructures.IfRange).
- Added support for parsing of the Range header(werkzeug.http.parse_range_header() andwerkzeug.datastructures.Range).
- Added support for parsing of the Content-Range header of responsesand provided an accessor object for it(werkzeug.http.parse_content_range_header() andwerkzeug.datastructures.ContentRange).
(bugfix release, released on April 23th 2010)
- renamed the attribute implicit_seqence_conversion attribute of therequest object to implicit_sequence_conversion.
(bugfix release, released on April 13th 2010)
- heavily improved local objects. Should pick up standalone greenletbuilds now and support proxies to free callables as well. There isalso a stacked local now that makes it possible to invoke the sameapplication from within itself by pushing current request/responseon top of the stack.
- routing build method will also build non-default method rules properlyif no method is provided.
- added proper IPv6 support for the builtin server.
- windows specific filesystem session store fixes.(should now be more stable under high concurrency)
- fixed a NameError in the session system.
- fixed a bug with empty arguments in the werkzeug.script system.
- fixed a bug where log lines will be duplicated if an application useslogging.basicConfig() (#499)
- added secure password hashing and checking functions.
- HEAD is now implicitly added as method in the routing system ifGET is present. Not doing that was considered a bug because oftencode assumed that this is the case and in web servers that do notnormalize HEAD to GET this could break HEAD requests.
- the script support can start SSL servers now.
Released on Feb 19th 2010, codename Hammer.
- removed pending deprecations
- sys.path is now printed from the testapp.
- fixed an RFC 2068 incompatibility with cookie value quoting.
- the FileStorage now gives access to the multipart headers.
- cached_property.writeable has been deprecated.
- MapAdapter.match() now accepts a return_rule keyword argumentthat returns the matched Rule instead of just the endpoint
- routing.Map.bind_to_environ() raises a more correct error messagenow if the map was bound to an invalid WSGI environment.
- added support for SSL to the builtin development server.
- Response objects are no longer modified in place when they are evaluatedas WSGI applications. For backwards compatibility the fix_headersfunction is still called in case it was overridden.You should however change your application to use get_wsgi_headers ifyou need header modifications before responses are sent as the backwardscompatibility support will go away in future versions.
- append_slash_redirect() no longer requires the QUERY_STRING to bein the WSGI environment.
- added DynamicCharsetResponseMixin
- added DynamicCharsetRequestMixin
- added BaseRequest.url_charset
- request and response objects have a default repr now.
- builtin data structures can be pickled now.
- the form data parser will now look at the filename instead thecontent type to figure out if it should treat the upload as regularform data or file upload. This fixes a bug with Google Chrome.
- improved performance of make_line_iter and the multipart parserfor binary uploads.
- fixed is_streamed
- fixed a path quoting bug in EnvironBuilder that caused PATH_INFO andSCRIPT_NAME to end up in the environ unquoted.
- werkzeug.BaseResponse.freeze() now sets the content length.
- for unknown HTTP methods the request stream is now always limitedinstead of being empty. This makes it easier to implement DAVand other protocols on top of Werkzeug.
- added werkzeug.MIMEAccept.best_match()
- multi-value test-client posts from a standard dictionary are nowsupported. Previously you had to use a multi dict.
- rule templates properly work with submounts, subdomains andother rule factories now.
- deprecated non-silent usage of the werkzeug.LimitedStream.
- added support for IRI handling to many parts of Werkzeug.
- development server properly logs to the werkzeug logger now.
- added werkzeug.extract_path_info()
- fixed a querystring quoting bug in url_fix()
- added fallback_mimetype to werkzeug.SharedDataMiddleware.
- deprecated BaseResponse.iter_encoded()‘s charset parameter.
- added BaseResponse.make_sequence(),BaseResponse.is_sequence andBaseResponse._ensure_sequence().
- added better repr of werkzeug.Map
- import_string accepts unicode strings as well now.
- development server doesn't break on double slashes after the host name.
- better repr and str ofwerkzeug.exceptions.HTTPException
- test client works correctly with multiple cookies now.
- the werkzeug.routing.Map now has a class attribute withthe default converter mapping. This helps subclasses to overridethe converters without passing them to the constructor.
- implemented OrderedMultiDict
- improved the session support for more efficient session storingon the filesystem. Also added support for listing of sessionscurrently stored in the filesystem session store.
- werkzeug no longer utilizes the Python time module for parsingwhich means that dates in a broader range can be parsed.
- the wrappers have no class attributes that make it possible toswap out the dict and list types it uses.
- werkzeug debugger should work on the appengine dev server now.
- the URL builder supports dropping of unexpected arguments now.Previously they were always appended to the URL as query string.
- profiler now writes to the correct stream.
(bugfix release for 0.5, released on July 9th 2009)
- fixed boolean check of FileStorage
- url routing system properly supports unicode URL rules now.
- file upload streams no longer have to provide a truncate()method.
- implemented BaseRequest._form_parsing_failed().
- fixed #394
- ImmutableDict.copy(), ImmutableMultiDict.copy() andImmutableTypeConversionDict.copy() return mutable shallowcopies.
- fixed a bug with the make_runserver script action.
- MultiDict.items() and MutiDict.iteritems() now accept anargument to return a pair for each value of each key.
- the multipart parser works better with hand-crafted multipartrequests now that have extra newlines added. This fixes a bugwith setuptools uploades not handled properly (#390)
- fixed some minor bugs in the atom feed generator.
- fixed a bug with client cookie header parsing being case sensitive.
- fixed a not-working deprecation warning.
- fixed package loading for SharedDataMiddleware.
- fixed a bug in the secure cookie that made server-side expirationon servers with a local time that was not set to UTC impossible.
- fixed console of the interactive debugger.
Released on April 24th, codename Schlagbohrer.
- requires Python 2.4 now
- fixed a bug in IterIO
- added MIMEAccept and CharsetAccept that work like theregular Accept but have extra special normalization for mimetypesand charsets and extra convenience methods.
- switched the serving system from wsgiref to something homebrew.
- the Client now supports cookies.
- added the fixers module with variousfixes for webserver bugs and hosting setup side-effects.
- added werkzeug.contrib.wrappers
- added is_hop_by_hop_header()
- added is_entity_header()
- added remove_hop_by_hop_headers()
- added pop_path_info()
- added peek_path_info()
- added wrap_file() and FileWrapper
- moved LimitedStream from the contrib package into the regularwerkzeug one and changed the default behavior to raise exceptionsrather than stopping without warning. The old class will stick inthe module until 0.6.
- implemented experimental multipart parser that replaces the old CGI hack.
- added dump_options_header() and parse_options_header()
- added quote_header_value() and unquote_header_value()
- url_encode() and url_decode() now accept a separatorargument to switch between & and ; as pair separator. The magicswitch is no longer in place.
- all form data parsing functions as well as the BaseRequestobject have parameters (or attributes) to limit the number ofincoming bytes (either totally or per field).
- added LanguageAccept
- request objects are now enforced to be read only for all collections.
- added many new collection classes, refactored collections in general.
- test support was refactored, semi-undocumented werkzeug.test.Filewas replaced by werkzeug.FileStorage.
- EnvironBuilder was added and unifies the previous distinctcreate_environ(), Client andBaseRequest.from_values(). They all work the same now whichis less confusing.
- officially documented imports from the internal modules as undefinedbehavior. These modules were never exposed as public interfaces.
- removed FileStorage.len which previously made the objectfalsy for browsers not sending the content length which all browsersdo.
- SharedDataMiddleware uses wrap_file now and has aconfigurable cache timeout.
- added CommonRequestDescriptorsMixin
- added CommonResponseDescriptorsMixin.mimetype_params
- added werkzeug.contrib.lint
- added passthrough_errors to run_simple.
- added secure_filename
- added make_line_iter()
- MultiDict copies now instead of revealing internallists to the caller for getlist and iteration functions thatreturn lists.
- added follow_redirect to the open() [http://docs.python.org/dev/library/functions.html#open] of Client.
- added support for extra_files inmake_runserver()
(Bugfix release, released on January 11th 2009)
- werkzeug.contrib.cache.Memcached accepts now objects thatimplement the memcache.Client interface as alternative to a list ofstrings with server addresses.There is also now a GAEMemcachedCache that connects to the Googleappengine cache.
- explicitly convert secret keys to bytestrings now because Python2.6 no longer does that.
- url_encode and all interfaces that call it, support ordering ofoptions now which however is disabled by default.
- the development server no longer resolves the addresses of clients.
- Fixed a typo in werkzeug.test that broke File.
- Map.bind_to_environ uses the Host header now if available.
- Fixed BaseCache.get_dict (#345)
- werkzeug.test.Client can now run the application buffered in whichcase the application is properly closed automatically.
- Fixed Headers.set (#354). Caused header duplication before.
- Fixed Headers.pop (#349). default parameter was not properlyhandled.
- Fixed UnboundLocalError in create_environ (#351)
- Headers is more compatible with wsgiref now.
- Template.render accepts multidicts now.
- dropped support for Python 2.3
Released on November 23rd 2008, codename Schraubenzieher.
- Client supports an empty data argument now.
- fixed a bug in Response.application that made it impossible to use itas method decorator.
- the session system should work on appengine now
- the secure cookie works properly in load balanced environments withdifferent cpu architectures now.
- CacheControl.no_cache and CacheControl.private behavior changed toreflect the possibilities of the HTTP RFC. Setting these attributes toNone or True now sets the value to “the empty value”.More details in the documentation.
- fixed werkzeug.contrib.atom.AtomFeed.call. (#338)
- BaseResponse.make_conditional now always returns self. Previouslyit didn't for post requests and such.
- fixed a bug in boolean attribute handling of html and xhtml.
- added graceful error handling to the debugger pastebin feature.
- added a more list like interface to Headers (slicing and indexingworks now)
- fixed a bug with the setitem method of Headers that didn'tproperly remove all keys on replacing.
- added remove_entity_headers which removes all entity headers froma list of headers (or a Headers object)
- the responses now automatically call remove_entity_headers if thestatus code is 304.
- fixed a bug with Href query parameter handling. Previously the lastitem of a call to Href was not handled properly i